Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hello Spring Semester


 Someday I feel insanely insane.


 You see, today I picked up books for the spring semester that starts on Monday. As I walked out of the college to my car with 2 very heavy bags of text books in hand, my internal dialogue went something like this: "You are insane. Very insane. Insanely insane. 17 flippen credits. A non profit. A photography business. You are insane. And you know what? It's going to be crazy. You're going to have to stop procrastinating and avoiding pain. And it's going to be one heck of an adventure ahead." 

 Part of me is terrified of failure. Well, most of me is terrified by failure. But the thing is, if you never try, how do you know what you can accomplish? I don't know if I can pull off a 3.5 GPA, launching a non profit, and actually making a profit from my photography business in the next few months - but if I don't try, then I've already failed.

 So on that account, I'm really insanely excited. I may die, but if that happens, at least I died trying to do something with my life. There's so much ahead of me in the next 4 months. Big stuff. Exciting stuff. Stuff that makes me burst with joy.

 Yesterday I purchased a domain name for my non profit.
 Today I picked up 6 college text books.
 Tomorrow I'm going to finalize my vision for Saturday's concept shoot.
 This semester I'm going to try - do or die - at least I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment